The U.S. offshore industry has a clear need for a trusted resource to interpret the rules and regulations in a way that can be understood to facilitate approval of drilling permits and, more importantly, safe and efficient drilling campaigns.
Why you need to attend:
You will be grounded with a systematic summary of the regulations and how you need to respond to ensure compliance and safe drilling operations.
What you will learn:
- How new regulations impact drilling operations and planning
- How to demonstrate preparedness for worst case scenarios
- Which well control systems are being certified - why and how (covering early generation and state of the art)
- Why and how governments worldwide are adopting the new U.S. regulations
Who should attend:
Professionals and managers within oil and gas companies, rig owners, engineering companies, service companies and manufacturers; national oil companies and employees of governments (national/regional) and NGO's.
Key topics will be presented by leading experts and will include:
• Keynote Address by John Hofmeister, Drilling after Macondo and influence over U.S. energy policy
• Macondo Disaster - Reactions & Consequences
• Introduction to New Regulations & Legislation - Response
• What Does Certification Mean and What is Being Certified?
• Corporate Governance and HS&E Challenges after Macondo
• Drilling and Well Control Equipment Compliance Overview - What and Why?
• Real World Experiences in Rig Audits and Certification - What Can Go Wrong?
• Implications for Well Design and Well Construction Operations
• Risk Management for Drilling Operations
• Change to Environmental Compliance & Disaster Scenario Mitigation
• Inspection, Maintenance, Repair and Testing – Accountability
• What Happens If? Disaster Scenario Compliance