The Rice Business Plan Competition is the world’s largest and richest graduate, intercollegiate business plan competition. Thirty-six finalist teams from around the world will be selected to compete at Rice University in Houston, Texas for more than $800,000 in funding and prizes in front of more than 170 investors, venture capitalists, private equity, CEO entrepreneurs and other judges.
More than 65 past start-up companies have raised more than $90 million after competing in the Rice Business Plan Competition. We are seeking the most promising new ventures that are looking for early-stage venture capital and angel funding.
Teams can compete in any industry, including the following:
- Energy & Clean Technology
- Social Ventures & Social Entrepreneurship
- Life Sciences (diagnostics, medical devices, therapeutics, biotech, drug development)
- Information Technology (including Web 2.0, software, hardware, internet, RFID, etc.)
- Advanced Materials (including coatings, sensors, etc.)
- Consumer Products
Competition: April 16-18, McNair Hall, Rice University
Awards Banquet: April 18, Westin Galleria Hotel
Deadline to Enter: March 6 at 5 p.m. (CST)
To Enter: E-mail your Executive Summary (5 page max. in PDF format) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Open to all graduate students from all universities. Please read the Official Rules before entering at RBPC Rules.
RPSEA is proud to be the Energy Award Sponsor for this event.