The 2009 Offshore Technology Conference (OTC.09) will be held May 4-7, 2009 at Reliant Park. OTC.09 is the premier offshore industry event for professionals, service industries and suppliers to gather and discuss common issues of ocean resource development. Technological innovations and forums on economic, social, and political aspects of resource development and environmental protection have been the mainstay of this worldwide conference.
RPSEA’s Technical Session titled Invited Organization: Research Partnership to Secure Energy for America (RPSEA) is Wednesday, May 6, at 2 p.m. and includes a diverse oil and gas expert panel that will share insight into RPSEA's role including specific awards and results. The guest panel consist of:
- GE Oil & Gas CEO and President Claudi Santiago
- U.S. Department of Energy Acting Deputy Assistant Secretary for Oil and Natural Gas Guido DeHoratiis
- RPSEA President C. Michael Ming
- Letton-Hall Group Partner Dr. Jim Hall
- Devon Energy Corporation Senior Engineering Advisor and Global New Technology Coordinator for Drilling and E&P Management James Pappas
- GE Oil & Gas General Manager - Advanced Technology Mohamed A. Ali
- Rice University Professor of Mechanical Engineering and Material Science
Dr. Enrique V. Barrera
- OTC Board Member and RPSEA Ultra-Deepwater Technology Commercialization Manager Art Schroeder
Following RPSEA's Technical Session, a RPSEA Member Reception will take place from 5:30-7 p.m. at Cafe on the Park on the second floor of Reliant Center for all RPSEA members attending OTC.09. You must RSVP for the reception by clicking here.
Please come by and visit our booth, booth number S12-L2, on the second floor of Reliant Center as we exhibit with organizations whose ultra-deepwater projects were selected for RPSEA funding. The following organizations will exhibit with RPSEA in the booth: Monday morning is Lincoln Composites; Monday afternoon is HARC; Tuesday morning is Houston Offshore Engineering; Tuesday afternoon is Letton-Hall Group; Wednesday morning is FloaTEC; Wednesday afternoon is NanoRidge Materials; and, Thursday morning is Knowledge Reservoir.
Click here for more information and to register for OTC.09: http://www.otcnet.org/2009/index.html.