RPSEA’s 2012 Ultra-Deepwater Technical Conference will be held September 19–20, 2012 at Lone Star Corporate College in The Woodlands, Texas. The conference will address new technology development and research from more than 30 diverse RPSEA research projects.
The presentations will address:
- Ultra-deepwater improved understanding of flow assurance and extreme, temperature and pressure corrosion and scale issues,
- Riser systems and dry tree structures for 10,000-foot water depth waters,
- Geophysical modeling and sampling advances,
- Cementing and well interventions,
- Power, flow measurement, and inspection of subsea tieback equipment,
- Hurricane prediction advances, and,
- Subsurface well telemetry.
See the attached agenda for specific information.
The UDW Conference will take place from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Wednesday, September 19, followed by a reception from 5:30-7:30 p.m. On Thursday, September 20, the sessions will begin at 8 a.m. and end at 11:30 a.m. Breakfast, coffee breaks and luncheons will be provided on both days.
Registration for RPSEA members is $75 and for nonmembers $350. Nonmember companies are encouraged to join RPSEA to receive a reduced registration fee for an unlimited number of their company’s preregistered employees. Online registration closes on September 17. RPSEA members need to make sure they are logged into the website as a member before they register so that they will receive the member rate.