Do you have the right building blocks to launch a new technology company?
The Rice Alliance Technology Entrepreneurship Workshop describes, in depth, the key steps required to commercialize technology and successfully launch a new company. The workshop will be taught through a series of lectures and presentations from venture capitalists, investors, entrepreneurs, and other leaders in the technology entrepreneurship community.
- Understand the life cycle of a new venture and what is necessary for a successful launch
- Develop strategies to address legal issues and protect IP
- Discover novel approaches to raising capital and chart a unique financial course
- Obtain resources and contacts to help shape the organization’s structure and philosophy
- Understand what a venture capitalist does, what they expect, and how to manage them as investors
- Be able to effectively communicate their vision to various audiences
Who should attend?
- Scientists, engineers, researchers, faculty, physicians, and healthcare professionals who want to obtain the tools necessary to commercialize their technology and launch a new business
- Graduate students, post-docs, and undergraduates in science, engineering, and life sciences
- Technology entrepreneurs who want to start a new business or have already founded a company and want to ensure its success